Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Continued from the previous post:

Everyone knows about *our* (really just mine, but I like to share) infertility. At first we were quiet about it, after the 2nd miscarriage only close friends knew or people that had asked me what was wrong. I'm not very good at keeping secrets, even if it is something about me. If you know me in real life you would know what a loud mouth I am. I'm always the center of attention and glad to be there. I feel like I rule my school and talk to everyone, even if they don't know me yet. I needed to be loud about my infertility so it wouldn't just fester up like a bad splinter. I tend to hang out with the older people in my classes just because I'm an old junior (when you think about 19 year olds being juniors.) They always ask if we have kids and depending on the circumstance, I tell them then and there why we don't have kids. I almost feel like it's helped me find my voice in this big world and helped define me as a person.

Happy ICLW!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm just as open about all the losses we have had.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

For me, it's been important to voice the fact that my babies were a part of my life, even though we lost them early. We all deal with our IF journey in different ways.

Beautiful Mess said...

Good for you for being so open! i think it's very important to be as open and honest as you feel comfortable. I'm pretty open and honest, as well. It is nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion.
*HUGS*

Monica said...

I'm glad you've found a voice of sorts, and finding ways to bring your infertility experience into the world. It's tricky sometimes to find that segue, but I think you're doing it nicely. :-) And yeah - it's a huge part of who you are, so people need to know.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.