Saturday, July 12, 2008

AF.... maybe?

I might be getting overly excited too soon but I think AF might be on her way. I'm a few days past completing my 10 days of prometrium. I'm dying to get the regular meds started.

A few days ago I decided that I will also be using this same blog if/when I get pregnant. I want people to be able to go back and read about the trouble too, not just the good stuff. I know it's weird but I want credit for all this.

I'll start the metformin on CD1... maybe tomorrow?!?! Take 1 in the am the first 2 weeks. Then 1 am and pm weeks 3-4. Then 2 am and 1 pm weeks 5-6 and 2 am and 2 pm weeks 7-8.

I wanted to share this news about metformin that I found on ovarian-cysts-pcos.com: Another aspect of PCOS-related infertility is the tendency for repeated miscarriages. A study from the Hospital de Clinicas Caracas in Venezuela looked at 65 women who received Glucophage during their pregnancies vs. 31 who did not. The early pregnancy (first trimester) loss rate in the metformin group was 8.8% as compared to a 41.9% loss in the untreated group. Of those women who previously had miscarried, 11.1% of the metformin group miscarried again, while 58.3% of the untreated group again miscarried. (9)

Sounds like good news for me!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's wierd but..... yay for AF!!! lol! I hope it happens for both of us very soon! And have you noticed that someone from a certain group hasn't been in our new private group? YAY!